Thursday, February 28, 2008

Asus Eee PC with Windows XP launches in Korea

Asus launched the Eee PC 4G in Korea. Like in Japan the Eee PC is shipping with Windows XP only.

The Asus Eee PC 4G sells for 499,000 Won (~$526) in Korea. Pretty expensive compared to what the Eee 4G with Linux sells for in the U.S.

Asus has still not released the Windows XP Asus Eee in the U.S. and Europe. I am actually not waiting for it. The Linux OS works just perfectly on that machine and I do not miss a thing. The boot time of XP on a 1GB RAM equipped Asus Eee is twice as long as with Linux according to IT Week. That is already a total turn-off for me. The instant on is very important for me on my daily use of the Asus Eee. It is actually still a bit too long with Linux as the connection to Wi-Fi takes its time after booting or wake-up.

The Windows XP Asus Eee is said to arrive still this quarter. Asus Eee PCs sell on NewEgg.

No comments: